Before developing Vuo, Kosada built many add-ons for Apple’s Quartz Composer, a visual programming environment. These projects often involved problem solving around obtaining better performance, creating new hardware interfaces, and displaying high-quality graphics. Kosada also built kineme.net to sell several add-ons and support a Quartz Composer forum. Kosada created over 40 Quartz Composer add-ons, and provided custom development. A sampling of those projects:
- ParticleMetrix, a bundle of visual effects based on Quartz Composer that can be used with Apple’s video editing software such as Final Cut Pro.
- Kineme3D, to support creating and modifying 3D models in Quartz Composer. The 3D “Explosion” effect was commissioned.
- Kineme ARTools, to build augmented reality (AR) applications in Quartz Composer.
- Kineme PerformanceInspector for Quartz Composer, to perform a patch-by-patch analysis of the performance of your compositions while they’re running.
- Kineme QuartzBuilder, to create your own Mac apps from Quartz Composer compositions.
- Kineme QuartzCrystal, to render Quartz Compositions to QuickTime Movies and Image Sequences.
- Kineme VideoTools, to substantially decrease video load time in Quartz Composer. This add-on was commissioned, as was support for the AVT Guppy camera, and Blackmagic devices.
- Kineme WiiMote Control, to be able to use Nintendo Wii Remote for control and input in Quartz Composer.