Kosada is a small, owner-operated company founded in Columbus and now based in Athens, Ohio.
Take a look around, and then contact us for a free quote for your project.
Featured software project:
Featured web project:
New for 2010, three new Drupal modules from Kosada!
- Atrium Answers – a question-and-answers feature for Open Atrium, with User Reputations.
- Views Table Highlighter – allows administrators to easily highlight certain Views Table rows based on simple PHP code accessible from the Views UI.
- Feeds Wesabe parser – enables the Feeds module to import data from the Wesabe API, thereby allowing easy automatic importing of transaction data from a multitude of financial institutions.
Kosada's software development team has been working on various low-level media processing software for years, and thus has a lot of experience analyzing low-level software performance characteristics. We've developed hard-realtime signal processing applications, and are fluent with the techniques required to make these applications succeed. We're also experienced at profiling Unix (in particular, Mac OS X and Linux) applications, determining where performance bottlenecks occur, and finding ways to improve performance. Additionally we've worked for years with threaded code and code for loosely-coupled multiprocessor configurations, both for single machines with many processors (including the Cray T3E) and for many-node computational clusters.
Quartz Builder has been updated not once, but twice since its original release in spring of this year! The application that allows you to easily create applications from your Quartz Composer creations now boasts numerous added features and improvements to performance:
QuartzBuilder 1.1 improvements:
- Iterator Accelerator – reduces iterator overhead by 5-15%
- Streamlined event handling
- Launch an app in fullscreen mode on any monitor
- Screen count & dimensions provided to the composition at runtime
- Drag and drop support
- Your generated apps can now fade-in on startup and fade-out on exit
- Automatic updating via Sparkle
QuartzBuilder 1.2 improvements:
- Added User-interactive Composition Parameters
- Further performance improvements
- Improved security
- Better resource location
- Improved support for features in Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6), including gestures
Peter and Niclas have been our contacts at Noise Industries, who commissioned Kosada to develop custom Quartz Composer effects for use with their recent FxFactory release. Our contribution was the ParticleMetrix plugin bundle. Now that the release has been out for a little while, we have a follow-up interview with them:Read more