Kosada is a small, owner-operated company founded in Columbus and now based in Athens, Ohio.
We specialize in developing desktop and mobile applications for Mac and iOS, and in developing web applications using Drupal. We are currently developing Vuo, multimedia software for artists, producers, and creators.
Take a look around, and then contact us for a free quote for your project.
For our recent partnership with ReClaims we created several new modules to help homeowners receive the compensation they deserve from insurance claims. Click on the names of each to read a more detailed description and a download link.
- CCK Select Other – Provides a select list widget for CCK text and numeric fields with an "other" option.
- Canned Comments – Lets administrators provide "canned" texts for permitted users to reply to comments with, for testing purposes.
- Node Evaluation system – Provides a method to evaluate nodes based on criteria in fields (date, text, or numeric).
Chris was with Kosada since the beginning, having first worked with Steve in 1998 to develop a custom operating system. After a brief fling with DeVry, he spent 2 years doing missionary work in Utah. He returned in February 2007, bringing (back) his experience with C, C++, PHP, various Unix hackeries, and many other development tools. From 2007 until 2010 he contributed to popular programs such as Firefox and Thunderbird to better mold them to the needs of individual clients. He's also been on the front lines of some of our exciting work with Quartz Composer. As of Monday, Jan 31st 2010, he is on to greener pastures in Cupertino, where he has been recruited by Apple to work on the official side of Quartz Composer. We'll be watching for you on the Quartz Composer mailing list, buddy.
New for 2010, three new Drupal modules from Kosada!
- Atrium Answers – a question-and-answers feature for Open Atrium, with User Reputations.
- Views Table Highlighter – allows administrators to easily highlight certain Views Table rows based on simple PHP code accessible from the Views UI.
- Feeds Wesabe parser – enables the Feeds module to import data from the Wesabe API, thereby allowing easy automatic importing of transaction data from a multitude of financial institutions.
Kosada's software development team has been working on various low-level media processing software for years, and thus has a lot of experience analyzing low-level software performance characteristics. We've developed hard-realtime signal processing applications, and are fluent with the techniques required to make these applications succeed. We're also experienced at profiling Unix (in particular, Mac OS X and Linux) applications, determining where performance bottlenecks occur, and finding ways to improve performance. Additionally we've worked for years with threaded code and code for loosely-coupled multiprocessor configurations, both for single machines with many processors (including the Cray T3E) and for many-node computational clusters.